Thursday, November 8, 2007

Be The Remedy

I went to see David Crowder Band last night at Bogarts. It was only the second time that I have seen Crowder live and both times I have been really impressed. His recent projects, A Collision and Remedy, play constantly from start to finish on my iPod.

I love the theme of his newest album, Remedy. It's great how he is using his platform to inspire us to change the world we live in. On his current tour, he has asked that those attending bring socks and towels when they come to the show. Those items are then distributed to local homeless shelters. It is such a simple thing, but I think it is great. Not only does it meet a need right in our community, but it also communicates to the thousands that are attending his concerts that there are many things we all can do to show love to those we often ignore. I really like how Crowder made a point to explain that we need to continually be the remedy in this world and there are a variety of ways for us to accomplish that.

No comments: