Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dude, Where's My Trailer?

I love being a part of a "mobile" church. Some people might think that's crazy. I actually enjoy most of it. I think there are advantages to meeting in the local school cafe-teria-nasium, movie theater, or whatever other building is available.

There are disadvantages, too.

Nearly everything our church owns is stored in a trailer that is towed to and from the school we meet at every Sunday. This trailer is packed full of sound equipment, video equipment, communion supplies, etc. It's quite convenient.

But, every once in awhile, I hear about a church trailer that has been stolen. Whenever a news story like this comes up, I always think, "Wow, that would stink. What would I do?"

I hope I wouldn't react like this guy.

Look, I am sure he's a great guy. He might be a great minister, a great church planter, a great husband, and a great father. I have no idea. I don't know him.

But, his reaction is...crazy! Actually, I'm thinking that it's a joke. It is a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke. He's probably one of those guys that if you knew him, you would read his blog and laugh hysterically because you know how sarcastic he's being.

OK, I've convinced myself that this whole thing is a set-up. That makes me feel better.

1 comment:

steve-o said...

You know, I read it twice in the last week and I'm not sure that it is a joke. Obviously there's some humor at work, but I'm not sure it goes over quite the way he wanted it to.

This just reminds me to be careful of how I use sarcasm. Even though I might understand what I'm trying to convey, it doesn't mean other people will.