Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Updates

In just one month, we will load up our vehicles and make the move to Oklahoma to begin our year of volunteer work with The Voice Of The Martyrs. We are very excited as our moving date draws near. But, at the same time, there are some important things to take care of before the move takes place.

First and foremost, we really need to sell our home. As we all know, economic times are tough. It's not easy to sell a home these days. But, no matter how impossible things may look to me, I know that nothing is impossible for God. Therefore, I would like to ask you to pray for this situation. I don't know God's plan for how or when I will sell my house, but like I've said before, I know he has a plan. Join with me as I pray everyday that God will bring a buyer through my door so that we can serve in Oklahoma without the burden of owning a home in Ohio.

I know that many people are partnering with us through prayer...but, I haven't had too many of those people ask to be added to our "Partners" list. Please, if you are willing to commit to praying for us regularly, let me know. If you know me, you know that I have a terrible memory! This list will help me to remember who to keep in contact with about prayer needs and answered prayers. It will help me to remember to pray for you and your family. It will also serve as a source of encouragement for Christy and I as we are far from our friends and family. So, please contact me if you are willing to simply pray for us.

There is good news when it comes to our support raising efforts! Financially, we are nearly half-way to our goal and we are still expecting some additional commitments from a few more partners. The generosity of everyone has been overwhelming. I thank God everyday for those who have given to us!

There are things to pack, things to sell, and lots of arrangements to make! And through it all is the excitement of what is ahead of us.

No comments: